National futsal tournaments may welcome foreign players in the coming seasons, according to the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF).
|The national futsal tournaments are expected see foreign players in the next seasons. Photo vov.vn|
VFF officials met with long time partners the Voice of Vietnam and HDBank on Monday to map out their plans for 2020-22.
One of their key issues was to allow foreign players to join local clubs with a view to improving the quality of domestic tournaments as well lift them at international competitions.
VFF Vice President Tran Quoc Tuan said the national futsal movement had strongly grown recently, but still needed a kick to reach a higher level and become more professional.
“We need to think about allowing clubs to recruit foreigners who will increase the quality of both local players and tournaments,” said Tuan.
“Their presence will strengthen clubs’ at regional and continental events. As a result, the quality of the national team will also improve,” he said.
This year the national championships will be held in late March while the national cup will be held in November. VNS
The Vietnamese futsal team took a flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Spain on February 9 for a ten-day training course to prepare for the 2020 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Futsal Championship.
Gathering together on January 26, the head coach of Vietnam’s national futsal team Pham Minh Giang has been preparing his team for the upcoming 2020 AFC Futsal Championship finals which will take place in Turkmenistan.
- Numbers hit record high as foreign tourists flock to Vietnam
- Japanese Foreign Minister to visit Vietnam
- ANZ receives highest foreign currency rating in Vietnam
- Foreign firms shift to Vietnam due to US-China trade war
- Vietnam's top 10 sport events of 2019
- Vietnam’s forex reserves hit around 79 billion USD
- South Korea tops foreign investors in Vietnam in 2019
- Foreign firms eye M&A deals as SOEs equities
- Economic milestones of Vietnam in 2019
- RoK tops foreign investors in Vietnam in 2019