Doan Binh Tay Tien (Advancing Westward Regiment) by poet Quang Dung was among three books that have won first prizes at the National Book Awards 2020. At total of 27 prizes have been given to winners of the National Book Awards 2020 including three first prizes, 10 seconds, and 14 thirds. (Photo: VNA) Doan Binh Tay Tien (Advancing Westward Regiment) by poet Quang Dung was among three books that have won first prizes at the National Book Awards 2020. Doan Binh Tay Tien was written in 1952 and published for the first time by Kim Dong Publishing House in 2019. It has just 124 pages but provides a detailed account of the early days of the establishment of a regiment of the Vietnam People’s Army called Tay Tien during its westward advance in the resistance war against the French. The jury lauded the book for its authentic literary and historical education values. The two other books that won first prizes were Lich su (Histories) by the ancient Greek historian Herodotus, translated from English by Le Dinh Chi, and another about medical treatment titled Hinh anh lam sang, Chan doan va Dieu tri trong Chuyen nganh Da lieu (Clinical Image, Diagnosis… Read full this story
- The Wales 2019 Six Nations tournament ratings
- When does McDonald’s Monopoly 2019 start and what are the prizes?
- Four Wales players on Six Nations Player of the Tournament shortlist
- The UK national media are now convinced Wales can win the World Cup
- Veterans urged to collect their badges for Armed Forces Day 2019
- Mary spins the wheel on Winning Streak
- Skiing: Shiffrin wins super-G title but 'never thought' she could
- South Shields kickboxer Zak Thorpe wins national title at age of 11
- 3,000 armed forces families forced to live in squalid housing win compensation
- Grand National 2019 live: Race times, runners, tips and betting odds
Book about armed forces wins first prize at National Book Awards have 302 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.