Upon addressing those in attendance at the event, Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, deputy head of the Vietnam Mission to the United Nations, reaffirmed the country's general views on chemical weapons as stated at many previous meetings, including condemnation for all uses of such weapons.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed the importance of fully implementing the Chemical Weapons Convention, while also calling on the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) and Syria to strengthen co-operation in an effort to resolve their differences and follow the convention.
In response, Ambassador Dian Triansyah Djani, head of Indonesia's permanent mission to the UN, hailed Bosnia-Herzegovina’s recent efforts to prepare for local elections. Indeed, this has happened whilst promoting post-novel coronavirus (COVID-19) recovery with the support of the international community who are striving for long-term solutions for the Balkans country.
Participants noted that the Southeastern European nation should continue its efforts to reform and improve the lives of citizens, whilst also seeking solutions to maintain peace and stability.
On the same day, the UNSC held an online meeting aimed at discussing the implementation of Resolution 2118 regarding the issue of chemical weapons in Syria.
- NA Standing Committee urges Gov’t to build short-, long-term development scenarios
- Vinamilk’s long-term outlook forecast to be positive
- Vietnam needs long-term policies on solar power development
- NA Standing Committee urges Gov’t to build short- and long-term development scenarios
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless long-term review: Music to my ears
- A long-term tax fix is needed for working from home
- Local support industry is hard to attract foreign investment moving from China
- The legal implications of Vietnam’s note verbale protesting China’s claims in relation to East Vietnam Sea
- Foreign investors call for greater flexibility in Vietnam's upcoming PPP law
- Technology vital in winning hearts of customers for Lazada Vietnam
- Indonesia announces economic recovery programme
- Science-led solutions needed for Lower Mekong region: Experts
Vietnam, Indonesia support long-term solutions for Bosnia–Herzegovina have 307 words, post on vov.vn at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.