A new restaurant in HCM City serves the spicier cuisine of the central region in a simple, country-house setting Bánh canh bột gạo Kim Liên (thick rice noodle with steamed fish cake and crispy fish cake) is a must try at the restaurant. VNS photo Minh Phi. MỸ DUYÊN Cô Chín Xứ Quảng, a new Vietnamese restaurant, has opened its doors in HCM City’s District 5 to offer traditional flavours of central Việt Nam, despite challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Chín means “Ninth”, and Cô means “Aunt”, which is used in the centre and the south of Việt Nam to denote a father’s younger or older sister. Xứ Quảng or Quảng region consists of two central coastal provinces of Việt Nam — Quảng Nam and Quảng Ngãi. Since traditional Vietnamese cuisine is typically associated with rural images, the restaurant is decorated like a typical house in a small central town celebrating simplicity and the spirit of people in central Việt Nam. Mì Quảng tôm thịt (Quảng noodle with pork and shrimps) is a standout signature dish at Cô Chín Xứ Quảng. VNS photo MinhPhi By offering a tempting selection of traditional Quảng delights, the owner of the restaurant, who is also of Quảng origin, wants… Read full this story
- IPs mushroom as Viet Nam seeks to grab post-pandemic opportunities
- Viet Nam, US promote footwear trade post-pandemic
- S&P maintains stable outlook for Viet Nam’s sovereign credit rating
- Two more payment intermediary services licensed in Viet Nam
- China tests digital currency and policy recommendations for Viet Nam
- Viet Nam should enhance its productivity to grow: WB
- Viet Nam domestic pepper prices hit one-year high
- Famous Japanese cheesecake brand comes to Viet Nam
- How to revive Viet Nam’s tourism industry?
- Decisive reforms needed for Viet Nam to see full benefits of EVFTA, WB report
Sample the traditional delights of central Việt Nam have 334 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.