Education and training of high-quality human resources in tourism and hospitality is key to improve productivity and the competitive capacity of Vietnam’s tourism sector, tourism experts have said. The Vietnam Association of Tourism and associations of tourism in the Cuu Long (Mekong) Delta, HCM City, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Binh Thuan, Binh Dinh and Tay Ninh provinces sign agreements on training and development of human resources in hotel management with the Imperial International Hotel College and the Finance – Marketing University. Nguyen Huu Tho, chairman of Vietnam Association of Tourism, said labour productivity remains low compared with other countries. Singapore productivity is 15 times higher than Vietnam, Japan 10 times, and Thailand 5 times, Tho said. The persistence of theory-focused education and little practical application in Vietnam requires enterprises to offer workplace-based retraining programmes for their employees, he said at a conference held on Wednesday in HCM City. The labour turnover rate in the tourism and hospitality industry, which is struggling with a lack of qualified human resources, is relatively higher than other industries, he said. Education and training of high-quality human resources in tourism and hospitality needs to offer 50-70 per cent of practice time and the remaining 30-50 per cent for theory, he added. Dao Manh Hung, chairman of the Vietnam Tourism Education Association,… Read full this story
- Anhui finds new engine to drive high-quality development
- Vietnam’s rice price surprisingly low despite high quality
- High Quality: What Kind of Cars Will Tesla's German Factory Produce?
- What Is High Quality Literacy Instruction in Preschool?
- Only Three US Cities Have Good Jobs, Affordable Housing, and High Quality of Life
- Vietnam needs to embrace "renewal 4.0" to sustain high-quality growth: World Bank
- Better management on C/O needed to avoid trade frauds in Vietnam
- Senior CPC official stresses high-quality development of Chinese movies
- Climate change plan needs to cover vulnerable groups in Vietnam
- Economic Watch: China's economic fundamentals point towards high-quality development
Practice-based training needed to produce high-quality tourism staff for Vietnam have 323 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.