Music Nutcracker returns for two performances By Bradley Winterton Monday, Nov 30, 2020,12:04 (GMT+7) Nutcracker returns for two performancesBy Bradley Winterton A previous performance of The Nutcracker – PHOTO: COURTESY OF HBSO HCMC – The HCMC Ballet, Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO) is once again reviving its hugely popular Christmas production, Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker, for two performances on December 11 and 12 (Friday and Saturday) in the Saigon Opera House. This full-length ballet, complete with orchestra and chorus, has been performed in Saigon every year since 2011. This time it will be conducted by the HBSO’s music director, Meritorious Artist Tran Vuong Thach. The Nutcracker is the world’s most frequently-performed ballet, and has become a staple of the pre-Christmas season, especially in the United States. Its suitability for Christmas isn’t hard to understand. It begins with a Christmas party in a large house. When all the guests have left, the young daughter of the house falls asleep under the Christmas tree and dreams of going on a journey to fantastic lands, including a wintry, snowy landscape. All sorts of characters perform dances before the little girl is finally seen still asleep under the Christmas tree. The “nutcracker” itself is one of the kitchen implements… Read full this story
- FAMU band returns after suspension
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo return to Baja California where they married after celebrating five year wedding anniversary
- Sheets throws gem in return
- Golden Globes for the NFL: The Golden Laces Awards or ‘Lacies’ best performances of the divisional round
- Baldwin makes Pools return
- Return of Packers’ powerful offense persists
- Will Mexico return to core principles?
- Rookie Bradford performs like veteran
- Park keen to return to best
- Lennon relishing Juve return
Nutcracker returns for two performances have 273 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.