By Lương Thu Hương The restrictions that resulted from the outbreak of COVID-19 saw keen online shopper Hoàng Lan Phương, a 32-year-old official in Hà Nội, buy even more than usual with just a few taps on her phone. She’s a little concerned, though, with how much cardboard and plastic her shopping comes wrapped in. “I was already shopping online quite often before the pandemic hit, because I liked not having to go out somewhere, making quick price comparisons before buying, and generally saving time,” she explained. “I began to work from home during the social distancing period earlier this year, and found I was shopping online more, buying food, clothing, and cosmetics. “As soon as I became a frequent online shopper it was noticeable how many boxes and plastic bags I quickly acquired. If every person who shops online has as much cardboard and plastic as I do, and if everything is simply thrown away, there must be a serious impact on the environment.” The already-growing popularity of e-commerce and then the current COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a sharp increase in the number of online shoppers around the world. According to a survey and report on consumption trends in… Read full this story
- Poundland launch new 30-piece home storage range with prices to rival Ikea
- Lionsgate Bounces Back As ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Fires Up $57M Series-High Opening; ‘Endgame’ Bests ‘Avatar’ With $770M+
- Duty Free shops can cost 150% more than shopping in supermarkets or online
- Would you wear this on the subway? Spaceman-style helmet with air filters to catch coronavirus will begin shipping next month with a price tag of £140
- Five of the best bookcases you can buy in 2020
- Buying Things Is The American Way. Could COVID-19 Change That?
- Baton Rouge's biggest 2017 business stories: Industrial boom winding down, health care picking up & more
- I Don't Feel Like Buying Stuff Anymore
- Dive Into These Summer Beach Reads
- Shorts Sets That Are Sure to Become Your New Summer Go-To
Shopping online has a high price-tag have 340 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.