Man, deputy commander of the 4th Military Region of Vietnam People’s Army that oversees the central region, was one of 13 members of a rescue team buried by a landslide in Thua Thien Hue Province’s Phong Dien District. Their bodies were retrieved Thursday at ranger station 67.On Sunday morning in Vinh, the capital town of Nghe An Province in central Vietnam, Man had joined a meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the 4th Military Region.He was shaking hands and chatting with his comrades when his superiors called him and asked him to proceed to Thua Thien-Hue immediately. The central province was heavily flooded, tens of thousands of houses were submerged and many areas were isolated by landslides and flooding.”The handshake and words of encouragement on that day (Sunday) was the last time we met,” Major General Nguyen Duc Toi, former deputy chief of staff of Military Region 4, recalled.Toi remembered Major General Man as someone who was “willing to fight and not afraid to suffer difficulties since he was a young officer.”On 4 p.m. Sunday, a working team led by Man arrived in Phong Dien Commune, Phong Dien District, Thua Thien Hue Province.After assessing the situation, the group immediately… Read full this story
- As People Mourn 9/11 Victims, #AllBuildingsMatter Trend Divides Twitter
- Man of the people: New Zealand MP Gaurav Sharma
- Tunisian terrorist, 21, had turned to Muslim prayer from drink and drugs before murdering three people in Nice, his family claim - as France is warned to prepare for more 'terrible attacks'
- 'We stepped over the line.. it was very wrong': Australian soldier comes face-to-face with the son of a murdered Afghani as he breaks ranks on shocking claims Special Forces killed unarmed men and children
- EXCLUSIVE: US soldier punches a black man to the ground and sits on his chest until police arrive after he lunged at him, 'spat on his car and made disparaging remarks about the military
- What we know so far about origin of 2 videos showing fatal shooting of Alton Sterling by Baton Rouge police
- Aussie soldiers mock war crimes and make sexist posts as online group declaring ‘Make Diggers Violent Again’ is exposed
- With death of 22 soldiers, landslide shatters world of their loved ones
- Black man, 35, died after being restrained by police, inquest hears as mother says he feared officers after being Tasered in the past
Major General Man: Shocked peers, people mourn sterling soldier have 400 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.