Foreign experts have praised Vietnam’s response to the current COVID-19 outbreak that has caused the country’s first fatalities since the beginning of the pandemic. A health worker collects nasopharyngeal specimen from a woman in Da Nang, Vietnam. — VNA/VNS Photo Le Lam In a BBC article published on August 8, Prof Michael Toole, an epidemiologist and principal research fellow at the Burnet Institute in Melbourne, Australia said: “Like in the first wave, Vietnam has responded quickly and forcefully” when talking about the resurgence of the coronavirus in Da Nang. This central city sealed itself off from visitors after Patient 416 was recorded, the first case of local infection after 99 days without community transmission in Vietnam. Each resident is set to be tested for the virus, and a field hospital has been built as every resource is being used to slow the spread of the disease, according to the article. Meanwhile, Hanoi has closed down bars and karaoke parlours as an extra precaution, and several cities, including the capital and HCM City, have made face masks compulsory again in public. Prof Rogier van Doorn, director of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit noted: “What was successful before is being done again. I’m again impressed.” Dr… Read full this story
- Business Vietnam must tighten foreign investment incentives: experts US, Vietnam discuss opportunities for aviation cooperation
- Experts warn Vietnam`s economy shows signs of losing momentum
- Reform policies needed to lure foreign investments in Vietnam`s consumer finance
- Business Japanese goods see enormous potential market in Vietnam Vietnam arrests ship firm execs for 'embezzling US$4.5 million'
- Business Japanese goods see enormous potential market in Vietnam Vietnam’s midfielder nominated for ‘Best Footballer in Asia 2018’
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 1
- Vietnam's footwear, bag exports estimated at $19.5 billion this year
- Vietnam seeks more FDI from Japan
- HR Lead Mondelez Kinh Do Vietnam: Grow people to grow business
- HR Business Lead Mondelez Kinh Do Vietnam: Grow people to grow business
Foreign experts commend Vietnam's response to latest COVID-19 outbreak have 329 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.