The nation earned a total score of 68.85 out of 100, above the global average of 64.24, according to the index released last week by Washington-based nonprofit Social Progress Imperative. This is also the first edition to include Vietnam.The report used 50 variables to determine and rank the social development and wellbeing of 163 markets. These variables were divided into 12 sub-categories under three main categories – basic human needs, foundations of wellbeing and opportunity.Vietnam achieved 82.03 in basic human needs (88th place in the world), 72.31 in foundations of wellbeing (80th) and 52.23 in opportunity (103rd).Vietnam scored best in the nutrition and basic medical care metric with 89.89 points (98th).In Southeast Asia, Vietnam trailed Singapore (29th place), Malaysia (48th), Thailand (79th) and Indonesia (84th).Japan is the Asian country soaring the highest in the index at 13th spot.The report noted that The Gambia, Ethiopia and Tunisia made the fastest progress over the past decade.Norway topped the index, followed by Denmark, Finland, New Zealand and Sweden to complete the top five. The bottom five nations are Somalia, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Chad and South Sudan in last place.The world’s two biggest economies, U.S. finished at 28th and China at 100th.It stated… Read full this story
- Foursquare Day (April 16) is First "Global Social Media Holiday"
- Why Smartphones are the Rightful Kings of Social Media
- Super Bowl Sets Twitter Record, as Volkswagen Launches Social War Room
- 5 social media trends to watch in 2016
- 5 Questions On Social Business
- As Formula One Expands, Vietnam Becomes a New Destination
- Facebook drives increase in social media satisfaction
- LOOK: Pia Wurtzbach explores Vietnam
- 10 things to know about how microfinancing is using tech to empower global entrepreneurs
- Will Facebook's Low Satisfaction Score Help Google+?
Vietnam scores average in global social performance index have 291 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.