Vietnamese Defence Minister General Ngo Xuan Lich (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Defence Minister General Ngo Xuan Lich held a phone discussion with Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Tea Banh on September 8 to review bilateral defence cooperation in the recent past and define directions for the time ahead. Lich affirmed that Vietnam always attaches great importance to the traditional friendship and comprehensive cooperation with Cambodia. He went on to say that the Vietnamese army stands ready to share experience and give support to the Cambodian side in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, and in building capacity for the Cambodian army. Tea Banh, for his part, highly valued ties with Vietnam and thanked the Vietnamese army for helping Cambodia in various fields, particularly in the fight against the coronavirus outbreak. He congratulated Vietnam’s Defence Ministry on the successful organisation of many ASEAN military-defence conferences amid the complex development of the pandemic this year, the year Vietnam holds the chairmanship of ASEAN. He also expressed his gratitude for the ministry’s coordination in organising activities to mark the 43rd anniversary of the “Road to topple the Pol Pot genocidal regime” in Binh Phuoc province in June, saying this… Read full this story
- Vietnam, Cambodia cooperate in the fight against COVID-19
- U.S. President thanks Vietnam for her effective aid in transporting protective suits to the U.S.
- Vietnam and Czech’s multifaceted cooperation to be promoted
- Vietnam ready to share COVID-19 experience with Sweden
- Vietnam joins hands with ASEAN battle against COVID-19
- ASEAN+3 countries cooperate in battle against COVID-19
- Russian experts hail Vietnam’s actions on East Sea issue
- Vietnam sets sights on EVFTA to ease economic rehabilitation after pandemic
- Vietnam not alone in East Sea issue: Russian experts
- German city appreciates Vietnam’s support in COVID-19 combat
Vietnam, Cambodia enhance effectiveness of defence cooperation mechanism have 306 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.