Vietjet CEO Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, the only Vietnamese figure in the list, was named second among 10 individuals listed in the Supply Chain category in Asia. Founder and COO of Grab, Tan Hooi Ling, and Changi Airport CEO Lee Seow Hiang, also appeared on the list besides Thao. According to Business Insider, Thao was the first female self-made billionaire in Vietnam and is “used to do things differently”. She launched the low-cost carrier Vietjet in 2011 and step by step built up the airline as a leading carrier in the region. Vietjet was believed to be the drive behind the impressive growth of air travel demand in Vietnam, where flying had traditionally been seen as a luxury dream for ordinary people. The airline now has an expansive network including most cities and provinces in Vietnam as well as several international destinations across Asia. At the beginning of this year, the company shares had doubled in value since its 2017 listing and amidst the turbulence caused by the COVID-19 pandemic to the aviation industry, Vietjet’s financials “have so far been resilient”. The airline, in fact, last month posted a profit of VND47 billion ($2 million) for the… Read full this story
- How to Name a Lawn Care Business
- People Search Business - A Niche Market
- Internet Marketing Tools - Driving Traffic From Expired Domain Names to Build Your Business
- How to Name a Gift Basket Business
- Choose the Right Business Name and Watch Your Business Become an Overnight Success!
- Choosing a Domain Name For Your Online Business
- Domain Names - Thinking of Doing Business in Europe? How About the Netherlands' .NL?
- Making Money in the People Search Business
- How to Name Your Event Catering Business
- Coaching Business - People Do Business With Individuals Who Make it Easy For Them
Vietjet CEO Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao named among 100 people transforming business in Asia have 305 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.