Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Fifty million citizens will be issued with new identity cards between now and July next year, the Ministry of Public Security (MoPS) have announced.
The announcement was made at an online conference on implementing the project of manufacturing, granting and managing citizen identity organised by the MoPS on September 9 in Hanoi.
After the Law on Citizens' Identity was passed by the National Assembly, the MoPS organised adjustments, conversions and updated production systems, issuance and management of identity cards to citizenship in 16 localities.
Up to now, nearly 17 million citizen identification cards have been issued. The system is connected, shared and used by State management and professional requirements of the police.
Regarding the project of national database on population, police in different localities have organised training courses on collecting and updating citizen information in the national population database.
By August 20, 59 out of 63 provinces and cities have collected information according to the plan.
Up to now, 14 ministries, ministerial-level agencies and 45 provinces and cities have sent results to the Police Department of Administrative Management of Social Order to connect and share.
But there are still a number of hurdles to overcome because of the sheer volume of cards issued and information that needs to be amended.
Senior Lieutenant Colonel To Anh Dung, deputy director of the Police Department of Administrative Management of Social Order, said that the department had prepared for training in 63 provinces and cities and will ask local police to make a list of officers and soldiers to join training plan.
Speaking at the conference, Deputy Minister of Public Security Nguyen Duy Ngoc asked police departments to study and fully grasp the contents of the Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s direction and the MoPS’s plans to unify the awareness about the importance and urgency of the citizen identification management project.
"We should research to make the most of what has already been done in previous projects to reduce the workload," Ngoc said.
Ngoc also requested local police departments evaluate the situation and results of issuing and managing citizen identification cards.
They should also assess the current situation of citizenship identification , perform fingerprint collection serving the project of producing, granting and managing citizen identity , to ensure cards are issued by July 1 next year./.
- Oil ministry wants PSUs to build 50,000 houses for renting to migrant workers
- Disruption of website for “green lane” vehicle registration caused by system overload, security hole
- Health ID to be issued for Vietnamese citizens
- Big news for Aadhaar card holders! Now get mobile number updated at your door step
- Ministry requests probe into attacks on “green lane” vehicle registration website
- Immigration Agency That Issues Visas, Green Cards Struggles to Stay Afloat
- As Cyberattacks Surge, Security Start-Ups Reap the Rewards
- Nikola founder freed on $100 million bail after fraud arrest
- Global dementia cases will nearly TRIPLE to more than 152 million by 2050, grim study predicts
- Vietnam to allow online vehicle registration from July 21
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 19
- Food ministry considering extending implementation of ration card portability beyond March 2021 - Times of India
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 29
- Higher numbers of unlinked Covid-19 cases in S'pore due to slower identification of linkages: Experts
- A bomb detonated in western Kabul as residents received ID cards to vote in upcoming parliamentary elections
- 1.29 crore ration cards cancelled, deleted across India in past 3 years, most in UP and Maharashtra: Govt
- New Aadhaar PVC card with enhanced security features: All you need to know - Times of India
- Measures aimed at reducing ministries' IT lapses to be rolled out
Ministry of Public Security aims to issue 50 million identification cards by next July have 601 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.