Many photographers are concerned that their work is being used unethically. — Photo nld.com.vn HCM CITY — A professional organisation that protects the right of local photographers is badly needed as copyright infringement of photos has become increasingly sophisticated, experts have said. The HCM City Photography Association recently drafted a petition on the issue of copyright infringement in photography and sent it to authorities in an effort to prevent copyright violations. More than 450 members of the association signed the petition and requested authorities to be more mindful when it comes to approving photographic images of art performances on LED screens, which are often used for advertising. According to Người Lao Động (The Labourer) newspaper, photo piracy has become very sophisticated. Many social media users, communication agencies and art performances have taken photos from Google or photographers’ Facebook pages for personal use without permission. Various consumer products, advertising sites, online newspapers and printed leaflets promoting fashion, tourism and food have even used copyrighted photos for commercial purposes. As the 2021 calendar season market is now kicking off, photo privacy will occur more frequently. “There are clients that pay for one-time use of my photos, but they continue using them multiple times,” photographer Nguyễn Á said. Photographer Phan Thông Anh added that there are cases in… Read full this story
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement over '7 Rings'
- Musicologist Backs Up Copyright Infringement Claim Against Katy Perry on Day Two of 'Dark Horse' Trial
- Radiohead Is Ringing in the New Year by Suing Lana Del Rey for Copyright Infringement
- No cause for worry: Lands of J&K locals will be protected says LG
- Canada locals vow to protect Harry and Meghan
- Threatened local leaders need 'state protection': German defense minister
- Transgender detainees need protection; a letter from lawmakers doesn't provide it
- Millions of future climate refugees may need protection, U.N. committee warns
- Making Sense of Radiohead’s Nonsensical Copyright Dispute With Lana Del Rey
- Eminem's Lose Yourself Played in New Zealand Court in Copyright Lawsuit
Local photographers need protection from copyright infringement have 339 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.