An online conference designed to promote the export of Vietnamese farm produce and food is underway between September 22 and 25.
More than 150 wholesale buyers from 28 countries and territories around the world are joining an online trade matchmaking conference with 30 Vietnamese food and agricultural manufacturers and traders.
|This is the largest online trade conference in the field of agriculture and food products. Photo: Vietnam News|
The event is jointly held by the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency under the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnamese trade missions overseas and the US Agency for International Development (USAID). It is part of the Project to promote reforms and improve joint capacity of Small and medium enterprises (USAID LinkSME).
The event aims to broadly promote the potential and strengths of Vietnamese agricultural and food products for export, and to connect Vietnamese SMEs with import partners, potential wholesalers and retailers in foreign markets, in the context that local companies face difficulties in promoting trade with foreign partners due to Covid-19.
This is the largest online trade conference in the field of agriculture and food products so far. According to experts, it is expected to further boost up Vietnamese exports as Vietnamese shipments of farm produce have been affected by Covid-19.
Statistics from the General Department of Vietnam Customs showed that in the first eight months of this year, the export turnover of agricultural, forestry and aquatic products was estimated at US$26.15 billion, down 0.9% over the same period in 2019.
Among them, the spearhead items achieved a turnover of around US$12 billion, down 3.2%; exports of livestock products were estimated at US$250 million, down 25%; and seafood US$5.2 billion, down 5.3%.
- Conference on boosting exports to China
- Việt Nam struggles to export fruit to demanding markets
- Vietnam to gain US$4.8 billion from shrimp exports
- Start-ups make significant contributions to agriculture
- Seafood exports likely to fall short of 10-billion USD target
- Vietnamese shrimp exempted from U.S. antidumping duty
- Hanoi, Fukuoka boost agricultural cooperation
- Apparel exports down, leather footwear shipments up
- Knowledge mismatch hinders IT in agriculture
- Agricultural products need improvements to better compete in EU market
- Meeting talks sustainable development of agricultural material areas
- Agriculture sector gains trade surplus of $8.8b in 11 months
Largest online conference to boost Vietnamese agricultural export have 351 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.