Lebanese protesters, enraged by a deadly explosion blamed on government negligence, clash with security forces for the second evening near an access street to the parliament in central Beirut. — AFP/VNA Photo PARIS — World leaders on Sunday pledged more than 250 million euros for disaster-struck Lebanon, conference host France said, with the emergency aid to be delivered “directly” to a population reeling from the deadly port blast in Beirut. Fifteen government leaders including US President Donald Trump took part in the virtual conference hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron and the UN, pledging solidarity with the Lebanese people and promising to muster “major resources” in the coming days and weeks. A joint statement issued after the meeting in which representatives of nearly 30 countries as well as the EU and Arab League participated, did not mention a global amount. But Macron’s office said the total figure of “emergency aid pledged or that can be mobilised quickly” amounts to 252.7 million euros (US$298 millon), including 30 million euros from France. Macron was the first world leader to visit the former French colony after Tuesday’s devastating explosion of a huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate which killed more than 150 people, wounded… Read full this story
- How to Pool Your Way to Riches in Mega Millions $250 Million Jackpot
- World Poverty, How Do We Get People Involved The Poverty That Faces Our Country And The World?
- Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner is the Best Vacuum in the World, According to the Rainbow Vacuum People
- Euro Millions Lottery - Massive Rollovers Generate Worldwide Interest
- France National Football Team - A Little History
- World Bank Contributions to the Global Strategy to Tackle Avian Flu Threat
- A Case For Lebanon - A Non-Nuclear Oriented Argument Against The Islamic Republic
- Tragedy Strikes - History of the Tour De France From 1960-80
- The World Soccer
- Watch Rugby World Cup 2007 Live Online - New Zealand Vs France Match Preview
World pledges 250 million euros for Lebanon's people: France have 319 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.