The recall covers 2,568 Toyota Vios cars assembled in Vietnam between September 2007 and December 2008, and 145 imported Toyota Corolla cars produced between January 2004 and April 2005, according to a statement submitted by the automaker to the Vietnam Register.The inflator canister in these vehicles can be penetrated by humidity. In some crashes, the activation of the airbag can break the inflator into pieces. These pieces can be pushed through the inflated airbag, causing serious damage to users, Toyota Vietnam said.Customers can bring their vehicles for a free replacement of the faulty parts at Toyota dealers. The replacement should take up to 1.5 hours. The recall will run until August 2022.In 2018, Toyota Vietnam recalled more than 11,300 cars with similar airbag faults.
- If you own one of these cars, your airbags could kill you. Enjoy your weekend. But then drive safely to your dealer.
- Toyota, Chevy, BMW: These car models are selling fast at dealerships
- $400 Power Wheels Barbie Campers recalled because of faulty foot pedal
- Takata Airbag Recall: BMW, Mercedes, Subaru Added to List, How to Look up Your Vehicle
- Report: Honda to recall 1 million vehicles due to faulty Takata airbag inflators
- The safest, most reliable cars for families in 2019
- This popular car model is being called in for an 'urgent' service - is yours affected?
- Honda recalling 1.1M vehicles to replace airbags
- Honda Recalls 1 Million Vehicles With Takata Airbag Inflators, How Many Vehicles Have Been Recalled in Total So Far?
- Takata airbags threaten 1M autos in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama
Toyota Vietnam recalls 2,700 cars over faulty airbags have 253 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.