By: KDKA-TV News Staff
MCKEESPORT, Pa. (KDKA) – South Allegheny School District is shutting down band activities for two weeks after a student tested positive for coronavirus.
In a letter from the high school principal Monday, the district said a student tested positive for coronavirus. Through contact tracing, they identified two more students who were with the infected student outside of school activities. No contact took place at school activities.
The two were removed from band camp and tested. The district learned on Sunday that one of the tests came back as positive.
Citing guidelines from the county health department, band activities for the next two weeks will be canceled.
“We understand the disappointment many are experiencing regarding this decision, however, the health and safety of all who are involved in our band program is our top priority,” the letter reads.
Any students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to get tested.
The district says it hopes that this is an isolated incident and if there are no new cases after the “fluid” 14-day period — which may be extended if circumstances change — band activities can resume.
- COVID-19: 2 Noida schools shut after Delhi man tests positive
- Sydney school to close after student tests positive for coronavirus
- Peninsula private school closed after staffer’s relative tests positive for coronavirus
- Music teacher tests positive for coronavirus: Leading London drama school closes after teacher becomes the fourth to be hit by killer virus amid fears teens could have to sit exams during SUMMER if outbreak continues to escalate
- Three MORE patients test positive for coronavirus after returning from infection hotspots: New cases in Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire bring UK total to 23 as Government ramps up response and tests pass 10,000 mark
- GA School Shuts Down After Positive Coronavirus Test: District
- Chinese international student, 20, tests positive for coronavirus bringing the total number of Australian cases to 34
- Two Noida schools shut after student’s father tests positive
- UC Davis Student Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Two Solano County school districts advised to prepare for potential coronavirus outbreak
- Four MORE Australians test positive for deadly coronavirus after infected people arrived from Iran and Singapore - taking the tally to 38
- New Hampshire Resident Being Tested For Coronavirus
South Allegheny School District Shuts Down Band Activities After Student Tests Positive For Coronavirus have 356 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.