The giant tour company suffered a loss of over VND38 billion ($1.63 million) in the second quarter, its third quarterly loss in a row, according to its latest consolidated financial statement. Revenues were down 90 percent year-on-year to VND206 billion ($8.85 million).First half revenues fell 72 percent to VND995 billion ($42.8 million).The company blamed the losses on the pandemic’s severe impact on the tourism industry, with Vietnam curbing international travel since March and closing all tourist destinations in April 1 to 22 for a social distancing campaign.With its revenues depending mainly on selling tours, Vietravel is one of the tour companies to be hardest hit.Vietravel has invested nearly VND27 billion ($1.16 million) in its Vietravel Airlines. It was originally planned for its first commercial flight to take off in early 2021.Vietravel targets to reach consolidated revenues of VND3 trillion ($129.3 million) this year.
- SC Tells Centre To Pay Rs 5L Each To Pvt Tour Operators Illegally Denied Hajj 2016 Quota
- Registration of Private Tour Operators for HAJ once made should be valid till 2017: SC [Read Judgment]
- SC directs 30 Private Tour Operators to apply for Hajj permit before the Ministry of External Affairs [Read Order]
- Dodgers see NL West lead shrink in Arizona loss
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Fines Generator for Violations Related to Lead Line Operations
- Purdue squanders late lead, suffers 25-24 loss to Nebraska
- Clippers give up 20 point lead in 95-91 loss to the Knicks
- Heller Suffers Another Blow with Reported Loss of up to 40 IP Lawyers
- Russia Investigators Looking into Kushner Digital Campaigns Operations, Report Says
- Trump campaign had more than 100 contacts with Russia-linked operatives, report finds
Leading tour operator reports loss of $3.4 mln have 271 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.