From the beginning of the year, Japanese investors poured registered capital of nearly US$9 million in the city accounting for 82,39 percent of the city’s total foreign capital.
Most foreign investors poured money into mechanics with $3.84 million, followed by electronics, services, chemicals, plastic, textiles and other fields.
In regard to the matter, the Japan External Trade Organization said that in June, 30 Japanese firms have expanded their production in the Southeast Asian country.
According to the latest survey of nearly 10,000 Japanese enterprises, 41 percent of them have been considering its operation expansion in Vietnam in the next three months.
They explained that because of escalating tensions between the US and China plus Covid-19 crisis, many supply chains for Japan’s supporting industry have been broken; therefore, Japanese government has assisted Japanese enterprises to move investment to other Asian countries as well as shrink its investment in China and Vietnam is a prominent country with good business environment and good pandemic control.
- Seventh Japan-Vietnam Festival opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam attracts US$15.67 billion in FDI in six months
- Proposals for global financial centres picking up steam
- Vietnam becomes Japan’s fifth-largest consumer market
- FDI pledges estimated at US$21.2 billion in first nine months
- Vietnam’s first-ever ‘sleepless city’ officially opens on Phu Quoc Island
- Top ten outstanding scientific and technological events of Vietnam in 2019
- FDI inflows surge into industrial real estate market
- Four-month FDI totals 12.25 billion USD
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 21
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 26
- Hanoi urged to stay active in attracting multinationals: Expert
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 29
- Foreign ETFs leading the way
Japan - largest investor in Ho Chi Minh City have 296 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.