Hanoi ranks second among the localities in terms of Bluezone users as of August 11.
As many as 15.7 million people have downloaded Bluezone, a domestically developed contact-tracing mobile app to identify and alert people who have interacted with Covid-19 patients, as of August 11, according to the Ministry of Information and Communications.
|Nearly 16 million Vietnamese people install Bluezone. Photo: MIC|
The number of downloads has increased by 15.5 million from July 25. There are one million downloads on average a day.
The beach city of Danang, a Covid-19 epicenter in Vietnam, took the lead among localities nationwide, with 34.13% of smartphone users installing the app, followed by Hanoi (23.83%), Quang Ninh province (22.61%), Ho Chi Minh City (22.05%) and Bac Ninh province (17.84%).
The top five localities have totaled 4.8 million Bluezone users as of August 11, compared to nearly 3.7 million registered until August 8.
Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung said that localities should enhance communication on Bluezone among local people so as for the app to be fully utilized. The ministry targets to have 45 million active Bluezone users out of the country's 76.8 million smartphone users.
The Bluezone app allows smartphones in close range to communicate among them using Bluetooth. The communication data could later be used for contact tracing of Covid-19 cases.
Since determining Bluezone as instrumental in tracing people's interaction history, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has called on people in Vietnam to install the application. Bluezone would help authorities quickly identify people who are likely to be exposed to Covid-19 patients, helping prevent larger outbreaks of the disease.
As of August 13, Vietnam has confirmed 883 Covid-19 infection cases, 421 of whom were declared clear of the virus.
- Locally-developed tracing app Bluezone tops 20 million downloads
- England launches trial of revamped contact-tracing app
- Vietnam considers mandating installation of COVID-19 contact-tracing app
- Check in when you go the PUB: NHS re-launches delayed contact tracing app using Google and Apple tech in trials on the Isle of Wight and in east London - as official data shows Test and Trace has got worse again
- New coronavirus contact tracing app to finally start trials in London tomorrow
- New coronavirus contact tracing app starts trials today after first one failed
- Apple and Google’s contact tracing apps only work on new phones. That’s a problem
- Isle of Wight will trial new version of UK’s coronavirus contact tracing app after first one flopped
- Coronavirus: Trials of second contact-tracing app launched
- Apple and Google release marks 'watershed moment' for contact-tracing apps
- The Logic Around Contact Tracing Apps Is All Wrong
- Coronavirus: Government defends use of consultancy to lead roll-out of UK's new contact-tracing app
Contact tracing app Bluezone has nearly 16 million downloads in Vietnam have 423 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.