Banks racing to digitise is an inevitable trend, experts said. VNA/VNS Photo HCM CITY – Việt Nam has seen a digital wave in the finance-banking industry, with many lenders investing significantly in digitisation, experts have said. The COVID-19 pandemic might have had a severe effect on the economy, but it has helped accelerate banks’ digitisation, they told. With many people looking for new options to deal with their financial affairs, digitisation of services and e-payments are becoming crucial, and banks, seizing the trend, have been embarking on the use of technology 4.0 and modernising their business models. Digital technologies come with lower costs but offer wider coverage than traditional models. The development of internet banking, mobile banking, payment solutions using QR codes, near-field communication technology (NFC), and advances in biometric technology using fingerprints and iris scanning has enabled banks to offer new and convenient products and services to customers, helping them achieve sustainable growth thanks to an increase in revenues from services and gradually reduction in dependence on lending. The Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade Việt Nam (Vietcombank) launched its new digital bank service, VCB Digibank, last month integrating its online trading platforms. Đào Minh Tuấn, the… Read full this story
- Core Banking Solution Market Status, Trends, Share, Growth, Opportunities, Type, Application and Forecast 2025
- Future of banking: Evolution or revolution?
- SBI, other banks using Artificial Intelligence big time to improve efficiency, cut costs
- Kotak Mahindra Bank on course to have 16 million customer base by September: Uday Kotak
- Banks lift economy with sustainable regulations
- HSBC Bank and T-Hub shortlist startups for ‘Accelerator 2030’ Program
- Stuck paying an expensive overdraft to your bank? Here’s how to cut your costs
- World Bank revises Rwanda’s economic growth projection to 7 per cent
- EU watchdog tells banks to speed up Brexit preparations
- Bank battle for savers to lift deposit and mortgage interest rates
Banks are racing to catch digitisation trend: expert have 317 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.