Development of the vaccine has shown “very positive progress,” said Do Tuan Dat, director of developer Vaccine and Biological Production No. 1 (Vabiotech). Last week, the vaccine had proven highly immunogenic when tested on 50 mice based on analyses of their serum samples.Testing on mice is an important step in preparing vaccines for human trials, where researchers would be looking for an immune response after administration, Dat said.It would normally take three to five years to produce a good trial vaccine, and five to 10 years to complete. But research and production of the Covid-19 vaccine might be shortened, said Dat.”Maybe in another 9-12 months there would be a vaccine qualified to be tested on humans.”To boost vaccine development, two Vabiotech employees traveled to the U.K. for research purposes from February to March. Their greatest challenge was to create the most stable antigens suitable to trigger an immune response in humans, Dat said.To ensure vaccine quality while boosting development, he said methods of shortening research and production are related to documents and licensing procedures, not the vaccine’s actual research and production progress. The firm is also waiting on global research results and the effectiveness of other vaccine candidates to learn… Read full this story
- Men born with a genetically high risk of developing prostate cancer 'should have a blood test every year from the age of 40'
- Breast cancer may be detected by blood test five years before clinical signs show
- Congress wants to give NASA $19.3 billion next year, even more than Obama asked for
- Government unveils controversial plans for testing four-year-olds
- How this Google employee lost 19 kg in one year
- Sergio Aguero in contention for 2018/19 Player of the Year award: Should he win it?
- Nobel Prize winner zur Hausen: "The low vaccination rate is a great scandal!"
- Will human resources become the weak point of AI and Vietnam's case
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 2
- Vietnam says human traffickers must be strictly dealt with
Vietnam Covid-19 vaccine to be tested on humans next year have 334 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.