A woman wears face mask to prevent coronavirus in Moscow (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung attended the UN Security Council’s Open Debate on Pandemics and Security on July 2, during which he said that intensifying international solidarity and multilateralism is a solution to current challenges. Dung emphasised the importance of fostering collaboration in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and promoting socio-economic recovery. Multilateral organisations, especially the UN with its central role, can play a key part in coordinating pandemic prevention and control efforts, he stressed. He called on all parties involved in conflicts to follow UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ appeal for a global ceasefire amid the pandemic, while suggesting the UN Security Council to take stronger actions to ease tensions, build trust and boost reconciliation and dialogue to seek long-term solutions to conflicts. The diplomat affirmed that Vietnam supports the UN chief’s call for easing sanctions which affect COVID-19 response efforts and hopes that the council and its member states take proper measures to facilitate humanitarian aid for sanctioned countries for the interests of their citizens. He also told participants that Vietnam has taken early actions to prevent negative impact of the pandemic by… Read full this story
- Coordination should be enhanced in building firm people's security and defense dispositions: General To Lam
- Public security forces play crucial roles in various fields: PM
- New federal funds for election security garner mixed reactions on Capitol Hill
- Is Christmas Eve a Federal Holiday? What Government Offices are Open on December 24?
- Security in central Delhi stepped up for PM rally
- UK takeover bill could help block sale of assets to protect security
- Microsoft to reboot Vietnam cyber security drive
- Vietnam Trade Representative Office opens in Ukraine
- Council to debate stripping Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of their royal titles
- Catalan jailed MPs attend Spain parliament opening
Vietnam attends UN Security Council’s Open Debate on Pandemics and Security have 314 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.