Trade between the two former war foes has risen from US$450 million in 1995 to US$77 billion in 2019. The US is now Vietnam's largest export market.
US Senator Jim Risch (R-Idaho), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has said he is committed to US efforts to support Vietnam in important areas and deepen the bilateral comprehensive partnership.
|US Senator Jim Risch|
"Over the past quarter century, the United States and Vietnam have overcome the wounds of war to build a strong partnership in the areas of trade, development, public health, energy, defense, and people-to-people ties," reads a statement released by the senator on July 11 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the United States and Vietnam.
- Vietnam, US look to boost comprehensive partnership
- Vietnam’s Saigon FC signs comprehensive partnership with Japan’s FC Tokyo
- Vietnam, Brazil bolster comprehensive partnership ties
- Saigon FC and FC Tokyo sign comprehensive partnership deal
- Vietnam, U.S. look to boost comprehensive partnership
- Vietnam-Mexico friendship, cooperation thriving
- Mekong Capital CEO: Vietnam to emerge as a world leader
- Vietnam ready to cooperate with Canada in trade recovery
- Vietnam, US state bolster cooperation for economic recovery
- Trump thanks Vietnam for medical supplies and gifts
- US President shows appreciation for Vietnam's COVID-19 response
- Trade defence instruments important to Vietnam’s open economy
- US senator unveils 18-point plan to hold China accountable for coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
- Indonesia-Australia comprehensive economic deal to take effect from July 5
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 13
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 14
- Foreign investors call for greater flexibility in Vietnam's upcoming PPP law
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 9
- Covid-19: How UK and Vietnam can help each other reach a new normal
- Vietnam’s second-home segment on the rise
Senator committed to deepening US-Vietnam comprehensive partnership have 282 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.