South Korean Ambassador to Vietnam Park Noh Wan suggested that Vietnam be more flexible in terms of quarantine duration for South Korean businesses and experts.
South Korean enterprises have asked the Vietnamese government to adopt quarantine rules with greater flexibility for businesspeople and experts upon entering Vietnam.
|Minister-Chairman of the Government Office, Chairman of the Council Mai Tien Dung (right) and South Korean Ambassador to Vietnam Park Noh Wan (left). Photo: VGP.|
This proposal was made at a dialogue held for the first time between the Vietnamese Prime Minister's Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform and the South Korean business community on July 17.
South Korean Ambassador to Vietnam Park Noh Wan said there have been 4,300 South Korean experts and businesspeople entering Vietnam recently, and the figure is poised to increase in the coming time.
Park suggested Vietnam be more flexible in terms of quarantine duration for South Korean businesspeople and experts.
A representative of the Korean Chamber of Business (KorCham) said the 14-day quarantine rule leads to increases in expenses and is time-consuming. In total, they would have to spend nearly one month in isolation in both Vietnam and South Korea, so not many would opt to go to Vietnam unless there is an urgent issue.
However, many projects in Vietnam require the presences of foreign experts, stated KorCham's representative.
|South Korean businesses seek to ease of quarantine rule upon entering Vietnam. Photo: VGP.|
South Korea currently allows foreigners to enter the country without 14-day quarantine if they can provide verification from the embassy for self-quarantine at home. The KorCham representative recommended Vietnamese authorities adjust the quarantine duration and exempt the quarantine rule in some cases for South Koreans, including those who stay in Vietnam for less than 15 days, or have tested negative for Covid-19 upon entering Vietnam.
At the dialogue, CEO of Samsung Vietnam Choi Joo Ho recommended that Vietnamese airlines should shift to air freight at a time when most passenger flights are still suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Choi said the move would help airlines overcome difficulties and also support the logistics sectors.
Minister-Chairman of the Government Office, Chairman of the Council Mai Tien Dung said the Vietnamese government is committed to cooperating with countries and international organizations in addressing common issues and negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Dung added the local authorities have been providing supporting programs for both domestic and foreign enterprises during this crisis. This included a removal of 239 business conditions and 6,776 categories of products subject to specialized inspection during the first half of this year.
South Korea is currently Vietnam's largest investor and the fifth largest year to date with committed capital of US$544 million. Korean enterprises have created jobs for 700,000 locals and contributed 30% of Vietnam’s exports.
- Vietnam sends back South Koreans refusing to be quarantined
- S Korean man found dead in northern Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Covid-19 quarantine rules may prevent Vietnam Grand Prix from happening
- Korean and Thai tourists quarantined in Đà Nẵng
- Korean and Thai tourists quarantined in Da Nang
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 28
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 29
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 1
- Well-prepared meals for quarantined people
- Law on Enterprises should be revised to improve business climate: CIEM
- Vietnam temporarily suspends visa-free entry for Italians: Deputy PM
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 5
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 2
- Major Vietnam cities ramp up quarantine as coronavirus fears surge
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 26
- Man breaks self-quarantine to visit relatives in Ben Tre
- Bright spots for FDI inflows in Vietnam in 2020
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 4
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 25
- Scrutinising the implications of new deals on Vietnam’s economy
S.Korean businesses ask for ease of quarantine rules upon Vietnam entry have 594 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.