Fulton, a former player who featured in 23 Tests and 49 ODIs for New Zealand, took up the position in August 2019 and travelled to Sri Lanka and Australia besides being part of the home tours against England and India.
Fulton said he had enjoyed his time with the national team but the Canterbury offer was hard to ignore. “It’s been an honour to get back involved with the national team and I’d like to thank the players and staff for making me feel so welcome,” the 41-year-old said in a statement on New Zealand Cricket (NZC) website.
“The Canterbury role appealed to me in terms of my aspirations to be a head coach and further my development in the game. The chance to spend more time at home with my young family and coach my home province were also motivating factors in applying for the job,” he added.
NZC general manager, high performance, Bryan Stronach congratulated Fulton on the appointment and wished him success. “Pete’s a respected figure who has contributed a lot to the BLACKCAPS set-up and built strong relationships in his time with the team,” he said.
“He’s carved an impressive pathway as a coach, from the New Zealand Under 19s to the winter training squads and now moving into a head coach role, which we’re fully supportive of. With the BLACKCAPS entering a winter period at home we’ll take some time to consider our options in terms of a replacement for Pete.” Fulton will begin his stint with Canterbury Cricket on August 1.
- New Zealand election ends in stalemate triggering coalition talks
- British and Irish Lions finishing all square with New Zealand shows how noble and worthy sporting stalemates can be
- Warren Gatland says he hated New Zealand tour and will never coach Lions again
- Derby County news: New Zealand manager Anthony Hudson in the reckoning to be the new Rams boss
- Eddie Jones rules out bossing the British Lions against New Zealand next summer after historic England success in Australia
- Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund name Peter Bosz as new coach
- ‘Young Jose Mourinho’ aiming for Premier League job via 2018 World Cup after stepping out of dad’s shadow
- Wayne Bennett admits he has the job of making England rugby league world-beaters… And knows how to get there
- EastEnders Steven Beale reveals bombshell secret about brother Peter
- 18 Years Since 9/11 Inside Job : Indybay
- Rugby Union: Former England manager Stuart Lancaster joins Leinster on a deal until the end of the season
- 'Potential for China to join TPP' after US withdrawal
- Alastair Cook reveals he has been close to quitting as England captain three times
- Patriots notebook: Brady set to find the mark with new targets
- We urge our readers to beLEAVE in Britain and vote to quit the EU on June 23
- Mississippi St. gets first look at new QB vs. Cajuns
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to offer Freddie Ljungberg coaching role at the Emirates Stadium
- Out of the World Cup and out of a job, Ballack's star begins to fade
- Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards throws MORE shade at Zayn Malik in new track about wanting a man
- New York Mets fire manager after 2 seasons
Peter Fulton quits New Zealand batting coach job, joins Canterbury have 664 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.