Fulton, a former player who featured in 23 Tests and 49 ODIs for New Zealand, took up the position in August 2019 and travelled to Sri Lanka and Australia besides being part of the home tours against England and India.
Fulton said he had enjoyed his time with the national team but the Canterbury offer was hard to ignore. “It’s been an honour to get back involved with the national team and I’d like to thank the players and staff for making me feel so welcome,” the 41-year-old said in a statement on New Zealand Cricket (NZC) website.
“The Canterbury role appealed to me in terms of my aspirations to be a head coach and further my development in the game. The chance to spend more time at home with my young family and coach my home province were also motivating factors in applying for the job,” he added.
NZC general manager, high performance, Bryan Stronach congratulated Fulton on the appointment and wished him success. “Pete’s a respected figure who has contributed a lot to the BLACKCAPS set-up and built strong relationships in his time with the team,” he said.
“He’s carved an impressive pathway as a coach, from the New Zealand Under 19s to the winter training squads and now moving into a head coach role, which we’re fully supportive of. With the BLACKCAPS entering a winter period at home we’ll take some time to consider our options in terms of a replacement for Pete.” Fulton will begin his stint with Canterbury Cricket on August 1.
- India vs New Zealand: Brendon McCullum hails Tim Southee's 'great leadership qualities'
- England vs New Zealand, 1st Test: Ben Stokes Dons Special Graham Thorpe Jersey During Toss Against New Zealand | Cricket News
- Michael Vaughan ‘baffled’ and ‘disappointed’ by England’s Test squad for New Zealand series
- Daniel Vettori, Former New Zealand Captain, Named Australia Men's Cricket Team Assistant Coach | Cricket News
- What's so unique about New Zealand's pregnant PM?
- Kate's top aide quits just two years into job 'she never thought of taking'
- Kereyn Smith: The woman setting a new course for a ‘battered’ Cycling New Zealand
- Glenn Pocknall out of running for White Ferns' head coaching job
- New Zealand include Boult as they bat against England in 1st Test
- New Zealand´s Vettori named assistant Australia cricket coach
- New Zealand tipped as big movers in SailGP season three
- 30 years on... The unveiling of a New Zealand sporting great
- Covid-19 still causing havoc for New Zealand's Commonwealth Games hopefuls
- Cycling New Zealand report is a critical moment for elite sport
- Biden and New Zealand leader air shared concern about China's Pacific ambitions
- Biden, New Zealand’s Ardern air shared concern about China’s Pacific ambitions
- Brendon McCullum likely to relax midnight curfew in first decision as England Test head coach
- Wests Tigers confirm new recruit will play against Bulldogs just days after leaving Canterbury
- 'I leave with a heavy heart': Aussie Matthew Mott appointed England cricket coach
- Netherlands Appoint Ryan Cook As Interim Head Coach Of Men's Cricket Team
Peter Fulton quits New Zealand batting coach job, joins Canterbury have 641 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.