Till mid-May, Odisha government kept patting its back for successfully containing the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. Calling itself a model state, chief secretary Asit Tripathy claimed that Odisha excelled while states like Delhi and Gujarat struggled to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease.Two months later, the tables have turned with Odisha’s daily Covid-19 numbers outstripping both Gujarat and Delhi – the two states that were counted as hotspots initially. On July 25, Odisha reported 1,320 cases while Delhi reported 1,025 cases and Gujarat 1,081 cases. The daily sample positivity rate that hovered around 3.6 in mid-May has now climbed to over 10 while local cases account for about one third of the total cases.A Bhubaneswar student studying in Italy was diagnosed as the first Covid-19 positive case of the state on March 15. It took 114 days for Odisha to register its first 10,000 cases (on July 7). The next 10,000 cases came in just 15 days, indicating the rapid spread of the infection. In July alone, the state has recorded 105 new deaths, up from 25, even as the state government announced complete lockdown in four hotspot districts including Ganjam and Khurda.Here is a look at how… Read full this story
- Dana White teases a TUF 19 KO nastier than Uriah Hall’s
- 19 important takeaways from the NFL Combine
- The best of the WEC debuts on FOX Sports March 19
- TUF 19 Rewind Episode 8: Full Metal Dana
- TUF 19 Rewind Episode 6: The garbage men of MMA
- Why the brilliant performance of Cueto may be nearing an end
- Game of
- The last time Tiger Woods won a major: A brief summary of the world in June 2008
- Teryn’s Hot Topics: Bring on the madness
- Coaches on the Hot Seat: Who is feeling the heat?
How the Covid-19 pandemic unfolded in Odisha have 287 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.