Bill Clinton described normalization of relations as "one of the most important achievements of my presidency.”
Former US President Bill Clinton, who announced the normalization of US-Vietnam relations a quarter century ago, has hailed the partnership between the two former war foes.
|A screenshot of Clinton’s tweet|
He also thanked "all of those whose support made it possible, including Senators [John] McCain, [John] Kerry, [Bob] Kerrey, [Chuck] Robb, and [Max] Cleland and Congressman [Douglas] Peterson — all Vietnam veterans."
Former US President Bill Clinton, right, toasts with Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh during an event celebrating 239th anniversary of the US independence and 20th anniversary of normalization of relations between the US and Vietnam in Hanoi, Vietnam on Thursday July 2, 2015. (AP / Tran Van Minh.)
In the fifth visit to Vietnam in 2015 to celebrate 20 years of US-Vietnam diplomatic ties, Clinton described normalization of relations as "one of the most important achievements of my presidency," and said it helped lift the burden that had been weighing down the American spirit since the Vietnam War, AP reported.
- Govt seeks 7.5-8% annual growth in next 25 years via digital transformation push
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos announces divorce on Twitter as world’s richest man worth $140billion splits from wife of 25 years
- Pandemic Drove On-Location Filming In Los Angeles To Lowest Levels In 25 Years, FilmLA Says
- Film Production In LA Hits Lowest Point In 25 Years
- Gombe still applying Bauchi State laws 25 years after creation, NBA laments
- 25 years later, Midway’s lost “MLB Jam” arcade game has been found
- Holocaust Remembrance Day marks 25 years
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: Lou Holtz’s farewell
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 4
- Vietnam’s economic prospects highlighted in German media
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 2
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 28
- Joe Biden's Polling Lead Over Trump is the Largest Since Bill Clinton's Re-Election in 1996
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 3
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- Vietnam’s economic achievements surprise the world
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 28
- Thai investors eye more investment opportunities in Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 29
Former President Clinton ‘grateful’ for 25 years of Vietnam-US partnership have 329 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.