Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Trinh Thi Thuy said the tourism ministry has been working on a pilot plan to bring international tourists to select islands, with Phu Quoc among those considered.The ministry has assigned the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Tourism Association to work with Kien Giang authorities to bring foreign tourists to Phu Quoc, Vietnam’s largest island off the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang.Thuy said though the islands are relatively isolated from the mainland, there are people living there and domestic tourists visit them, and so the risks of community transmission must be taken into account while allowing international visitors back. “Tougher measures should be taken to prevent another outbreak of Covid-19.”Vietnam has just 26 cases patients still undergoing treatment and has managed to avoid deaths. There has been no community transmission in the last 49 days.”We are working with the Health Ministry to develop a set of criteria to ensure safety for international visitors. The tourism industry only wants to receive visitors from countries where the disease has been controlled,” Thuy added.The tourism ministry is set to work with relevant ministries and agencies on air routes, visa issuance and lifting of travel… Read full this story
- Can I Travel to Easter Island? Chile Restricts Time Tourists Can Spend on Island
- Chelsea bombing likely involved 'foreign connection,' Gov. Cuomo says
- Spain's Balearic Islands to fine illegal tourist rentals
- Vietnam-linked hackers likely targeting Philippines over South China Sea dispute: FireEye
- Weak U.S. dollar means unexpected bargains for foreign tourists
- Assateague Island herd welcomes new foal
- Kindergartner has hilarious reaction after first day. We're like, 'Welcome to the real world'
- Bui Tin, Colonel Who Accepted South Vietnam’s Surrender, Dies at 90
- Handmade sign linked to Blackbeard’s crew vanishes on Ocracoke Island. Outrage ensues
- Vietnam criticizes China's cinema on disputed South China Sea island
Vietnam’s largest island likely to welcome foreign tourists back have 319 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.