ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, Colo. (AP) — Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park is set to open Thursday.
Park officials say visitors should be prepared for icy conditions and any temporary closures required due to weather conditions.
The scenic road is the highest continuous paved highway in the United States, reaching an elevation of 12,183 feet (3,713 meters). It connects Estes Park on the east side of the mountains with Grand Lake on the west.
The Trail Ridge Store will tentatively open June 15, and the Alpine Visitor Center is expected to be opened at the end of June.
A timed entry system will be used starting Thursday to limit the number of park visitors in an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Reservations are available to enter the park from Thursday through July 31.
On Monday, state transportation officials opened another scenic highway that takes motorists over Independence Pass near Aspen.
Trail Ridge Road and Independence Pass typically reopen for the summer around Memorial Day depending on how much snow there is to clear.
- National parks are getting too crowded, so GGNRA responds with plan to charge for parking
- How visitors can keep national parks from being loved to death
- At Alaska's most popular national park, climate change threatens the only road in and out
- Wildfires rage in Sequoia National park and forest, sending flames into grove of giant trees
- Here's how to beat the post-COVID rush at Texas state parks
- On a Fall Road Trip in Alaska, Prepare for the Unexpected
- What Students Are Saying About Video Game Limits, Parental Involvement in Dating and Road Trips
- Brian Laundrie tagged ‘Blood Mountain’ on Instagram with Gabby Petito as his demonic artwork showed bloody scenes
- New Peppa Pig theme park is opening next year with six rides, live shows and water play area – and tickets from £22
- Looking for spring outdoor activities? Hit up one of NZ’s epic cycle trails
- Snowcat Ridge Snow Park Looking To Fill More Than 200 Positions
- I Found My Lexus GX 470's Achilles' Heel Off Roading With Jeeps
- Road Rage Shooting Update + Water Bill Troubles + Maker Studio
- Hyde Park, N.Y.: A Gilded Age Getaway With a Friendly Vibe
- Melee in Tompkins Sq. Park: Violence and Its Provocation
- Driving rules: Motorists cannot make this road journey under new guidelines
- Fukushima's long road to recovery
- Road Rager Arrested + PCC Rock Creek Sustainable Upgrades
- Dodgers Set To Open NLCS Against Braves
- Euro 2028 bidding war opens but England face fight with Russia and Italy
Rocky Mountain National Park’s Trail Ridge Road set to open have 397 words, post on apnews.com at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.