“In the Bay of Descending Dragons, a unique karst topography juts out of the sea and forms some 2,000 limestone islets. These often-vertical formations are covered in dense forest. A cruise among the formations is a magnificent way to spend a few days or more, landing on the islets for further exploration, rock climbing and other activities,” the international family magazine wrote early this week.
It said curious visitors could take a cruise tour to get the most of Ha Long Bay.
“Beware the season, though. Monsoons from June through September and again from January to March can limit visibility. In any case, it’s best to take a cruise to the outlying islands, where fewer tourists venture and the natural wonders are less explored.”
Reader’s Digest Canada also chose Bagan (Myanmar), Angkor Archaeological Park (Cambodia), Penang (Malaysia), Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park (Indonesia), Luang Prabang (Laos), Mount Kinabalu (Malaysia), Bali (Indonesia), Ifugao (Philippines), and Krabi (Thailand) in the list.
Since its recognition as a UNESCO natural world heritage in 1994, Ha Long Bay has entrenched itself on the global tourism map, receiving rave reviews from travel bloggers and filmmakers for its emerald green waters and towering limestone islands.
In 2019 it received 4.4 million visitors, including 2.9 million foreigners, up 6 percent compared from the previous year.
Ha Long Bay was one of three natural wonders in Asia in CNN‘s list of 25 most beautiful places on the planet in April 2019.
Also last year Hong Kong newspaper South China Morning Post included the bay in its list of 10 most popular attractions.
- Volunteers join hands for trash-free Ha Long Bay
- Programme promotes actions for green Ha Long
- Our View: Greek Cypriot side wants talks as long as they go nowhere
- Life in the most dangerous country on earth revealed at talk in Long Crendon
- Port Isabel detention center, where immigrants will be sent before reuniting with children, has long history of problems
- 'Hostile takeover' or helpful neighbor? Miami Beach weighs annexing North Bay Village
- Investigative Chicago Reader to Become Black-Owned
- Here's when tolls will go up on San Francisco Bay Area bridges
- The best hidden gems of the Bay Area suburbs
- After Capital Gazette Shooting, Readers Reflect on Their Community Newspapers
- Reader Letter: The cancer treatment that your oncologist won’t tell you about
- Clear Lake's former landmark, Turtle Club, has new life as Barge 295
- EU accord for Albania and Macedonia talks in 2019
- Abe wants to make Trump's North Korea talks even more complicated
- City Council to introduce five possible changes to Long Beach charter to reform government
- UPDATE: Trump-Kim talks inspire glee, cautious optimism, skepticism
- Who Is Felix Sater? Former Trump Business Associate Talking to Senate Intelligence Committee
- Frustrated by five-hour wait times at the DMV? Fresno politician has your back
- Best Bay Area pizza? Time to vote!
- The best places to view the city skyline, according to Boston.com readers
Reader’s Digest talks up Ha Long Bay have 459 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.