Adventure tours with small numbers of people have been trending recently in Da Lat City in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong.
|Adventure tours have become more popular among locals in Da Lat City. Photo dulich.tuoitre.vn|
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, visitors to Da Lat are skipping crowded, popular tourism spots.
This is the perfect time for local travel agencies to launch tours that involve overnight camping in pine forests, kayaking, and zip-line swinging, among other adventure activities.
Most of the sightseeing and camping tours often start at 3pm daily and end the next morning, with prices ranging from VND400,000 (US$18) to VND450,000 ($20) per person.
Tourists are offered a discount of 10 to 40 per cent if they pursue more active activities. The discount aims to encourage groups of fewer than 15 people for adventure tours, which formerly were mostly embraced by foreigners.
According to Lam Dong Province People’s Committee, the number of visitors to Da Lat as of mid-May was 160,000, down more than 70 per cent year-on-year.
Of the total, the number of foreign visitors was 1,800, down 95.7 per cent year-on-year, while domestic visitors totalled 158,200, down more than 68 per cent compared to 2019.
Da Lat, however, has witnessed a growing number of visitors in recent weekends. It is expected that by September, the number of tourists to Da Lat will reach 70 per cent of the same period in 2019.
The Lam Dong Tourism Association plans to organise more night activities for visitors in an effort to lower the density of visitors during the day. The new plan will ensure safety during COVID-19 and increase tourism revenue for the province. VNS
- Values of Dong Da Hill in Hanoi
- International student exchange begins in Da Nang
- Amanda Peet and Hank Azaria are all smiles while promoting the new season of IFC's Brockmire at the TCA Winter Tour in Pasadena
- Finding adventure in off the beaten track Bequia
- DEL Records Artists T3R Elemento, Lenin Ramirez & Oscar Cortez Talk New Tour, Corridos Verdes and Catering to a Younger Fanbase
- For Pat Bowlen, family, friends and adventure in Hawaii represented “perfect lifestyle”
- 15 Latin Artists to Watch in 2020
- #Pork Vs Beef: Twitterquake as Indian State's Tourism Department Promotes Cow Meat Dish
- The Stadium Tour, Dear Evan Hansen & More Live Events Coming To Orland Park
- The Stadium Tour, Dear Evan Hansen & More Live Events Coming To Oak Forest
- UPDATE 2-QUIZ online sales tumble 15% over tough Christmas period
- Barenaked Ladies Announce Last Summer on Earth Tour With Gin Blossoms,Toad the Wet Sprocket
Da Lat promotes adventure tours with groups of 15 or fewer have 406 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 1, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.