Vietnam and the Philippines are the only two Southeast Asian representatives in the magazine’s list of 17 must-to-go destinations in the world after the Covid-19 crisis ends.
With Vietnam continuing to suspend international flights and halting entry for all foreigners as a measure to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, the leading U.S. travel site urges its readers to make travel plans to visit the country soon after the pandemic passes.
“Lying side by side with your friends on a gorgeous tropical beach and going to packed street food stalls and hole-in-the-wall restaurants, eating insanely good food elbow to elbow with strangers are not bad ideas,” it says Wednesday.
The Travel+Leisure list also included many famous tourist destinations around the world such as Rome, Australia, London in the U.K., Paris in France, Mexico and Italy.
Vietnam has eased its social distancing restrictions since April 23 and its popular tourist destinations have reopened. The government has also allowed “non-essential” services except karaoke parlors and discos to resume operation.
Coracle boats along Quy Nhon Beach in the central province of Binh Dinh. Photo by Shutterstock/Huy Thoai.
A survey released this week by Thailand-headquartered hospitality consulting group C9 Hotelworks and communication firm Delivering Asia Communications says many Chinese citizens keen on traveling to Vietnam after the Covid-19 pandemic is contained.
The country’s infection tally rose to 288 after 17 Vietnamese repatriated from the UAE were confirmed positive on Thursday night. The country has ended 22 days without community transmission of the disease.
- Zero-footprint, green cruises, virtual reality spas: Welcome to travel in 2020
- Astrologer reveals where YOU should travel in 2020 based on your zodiac sign and traveller type – with Scorpios being ‘mystery seekers’ and Geminis identified as ‘party animals’
- Numbers hit record high as foreign tourists flock to Vietnam
- A golden prairie surfaces in central Vietnam lake
- Vietnam Airlines launches Đà Nẵng-Shanghai flight
- Terrorism, Brexit, and the Migrant Crisis: Three Stories That Defined the Decade
- 'You left us to burn': Furious Cobargo residents explode at visiting Scott Morrison after their town was destroyed by bushfires - forcing the PM to flee the scene in his chauffeur-driven car
- Ask the travel expert: Hassle-free ways to travel between Nice and Venice;planning solo trips abroad on a budget
- Vietnam appreciates EU’s support for freedom of navigation, respect for int’l maritime law
- Father of three facing amputation finds crucial help to move ‘beyond this crisis’
- Where is the Coca-Cola truck tour visiting in 2019?
- Timeshare Board Members Association (TBMA) Announces Orlando 2020 Conference, May 17-19, 2020
- Find a summer camp for ages 3-17 at Bucks Camp Expo, Jan. 19
- The 19 Best Plays And Musicals Of 2017
- Saudi FM to Visit Pakistan to Address Concerns after Imran Khan's Malaysia Summit Pull-out
- 17 dead, 18 missing, 1,400 homes lost, 5 million hectares burned and 500 million animals dead: What you need to know about Australia's bushfire crisis - as tens of thousands flee ahead of apocalyptic conditions on Saturday
- Lessons of 2019: Watching wildlife migration in Masai Mara was 'heartbreaking and humbling' for DuPont India boss
- Trip to Galle, indoor cycling class changed Pamela Puja Kirpalani’s life perspective in 2019
- Anita Dongre predicts prints and colours going big in 2020; calls the classic bandi a must-have
- Son Doong voted among world's seven wonders for 2020
Visit Vietnam after Covid-19 crisis, exhorts US travel magazine have 544 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.