Vietnam is among the first countries likely to restart international tourism following the COVID-19 pandemic, according to WeSwap, the UK’s largest travel money provider.
Ha Long Bay, one of the most favourite tourism destinations in Vietnam.
Vietnam is one of the countries that has the lowest number of COVID-19 cases and lowest death rates (zero deaths) caused by COVID-19 in the world, despite being just next door to China.
With a population of 94 million, Vietnam has gone 43 days without any COVID-19 cases caused by community transmission, as of Thursday May 29. The national COVID-19 count stands at 327. Of these, only 49 are active cases, and 278 have recovered after treatment.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism is preparing plans to welcome visitors from countries and territories in anticipation of recovery and disease control in key markets like Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia.
Besides Vietnam, WeSwap also included Fiji, Sri Lanka and Seychelles in the list of economies that could reopen their travel industry before others. VNS
Australia’s 7News last weekend run a five-minute report on Vietnam’s effort in combating coronavirus.
Airlines called for the return of international flights at a symposium on tourism on Thursday.
- Vietnam’s Empty Forests
- Where to eat, sleep and watch sunsets on Vietnam's Phu Quoc Island
- The safest places in Mexico for travelers
- Holiday travel with children: Follow this checklist to keep kids safe and smiling
- Safety Tips for the Solo Female Traveler
- The 52 Places Traveler: Starting an Intimidating World Tour in the Big Easy
- Warm, cool, steady, safe: That’s what this gear makes you
- 23 Affordable Vacations That Are Perfect For Budget Travelers
- TSA’s social media gives an inside look at the weird stuff in travelers’ bags
- Here are all the bizarre things TSA found in travelers' luggage
- 7 key changes travelers can expect in 2019
- The 52 Places Traveler: The Suffering and Spirit of San Juan
- The 52 Places Traveler: Island-Hopping on Vibrant Trinidad and Lush St. Lucia
- The 52 Places Traveler:
- Traveling the World, While Looking Over Her Shoulder
- The 52 Places Traveler: From Refugees to a Reunion, Buffalo Lives Up to Its Welcoming Reputation
- In Asia, traveling cheaply and comfortably are not mutually exclusive. Here's how
- British tourists who died in Vietnam were not warned about waterfall
- From Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City: Vietnam surprises and delights
- Kim Jong-un’s Symbolic Vietnam Visit Is About More Than Trump
Vietnam safe for travel: WeSwap have 398 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.