At the handover ceremony in Cambodia (Photo: VNA) Phnom Penh (VNA) – Representatives from the Embassy of Vietnam and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Cambodia on May 13 presented 4,000 antimicrobial face masks for the country’s detention centres. The support was in response to a call from the ICRC in Vietnam’s neighbour for medical supplies for detainees amid the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic. Since the start of February, the ICRC in Cambodia has bolstered its support for the country’s General Department of Prisons’ efforts to curb the spread of the virus nationwide. The organisation has allocated roughly 230,000 USD to assist those facilities around the country. Speaking at the handover ceremony, ICRC Protection Coordinator in Cambodia Chyngyz Rayimbekov underlined that the Embassy of Vietnam was among the first diplomatic offices in Cambodia to respond to the ICRC’s call. The relief will contribute to the fight against the pandemic in Cambodia, he said, adding that the Vietnamese Government has also presented medical supplies to many countries, including the US and European nations. General Department of Prisons Director-General Chan Kimseng noted that Vietnam has effectively brought the pandemic under control, been recognised as a model for handling the disease,… Read full this story
- Watch: Near Bengaluru, First Detention Centre For "Illegal Foreigners"
- Committee to review conditions in Assam's detention centres
- ICE detention centre may have allowed video to be deleted after detainee’s death, lawyers say
- Vietnam helps Lao journalists improve skills
- Another Man In Assam Detention Camp Dies, Family Refuses To Accept Body
- UK police criticised for failure to help enslaved cannabis farmers
- Vietnam-Russia jazz concert held in Moscow
- Vietnam’s top-level domain “.vn” tops ASEAN in usage number
- Vietnam Jan-Oct FDI inflows rise 7.4 pct y/y to $16.21 bln: gov't
- Calendar of the Black Thai in Vietnam
Vietnam helps Cambodian detention centres battle COVID-19 have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.