The Vietnam Football Federation and Philippe Troussier, the coach of the U19 team, have said the team can win a ticket by reaching the semi-finals of the event to be held in Uzbekistan from October 14.The team are expected to begin training in August after the pandemic hopefully ends.The U20 World Cup will be played in Indonesia in May-June. Asia will have five representatives, hosts Indonesia and four qualifiers from the AFC U19 Championship.Four years ago Vietnam under coach Hoang Anh Tuan had reached the semi-finals of the AFC U19 Championship in Bahrain, thereby winning a ticket to the 2017 U20 World Cup in South Korea.Vietnam did not qualify from the group stage after drawing with New Zealand and losing 0-4 to France and 0-2 to Honduras.
- World Cup flashbacks: When Chetan Sharma took first WC hat-trick & erased his 'sin' against Miandad
- New Zealand Can Be World Cup Winners, Says Brendon McCullum
- Michael Cheika hints at 'horses-for-courses' selection policy at Rugby World Cup
- England have to make do with limited chances to prepare for T20 World Cup: Eoin Morgan
- England must ‘make do’ with limited T20 chances ahead of World Cup: Morgan
- 'Make Most of The Opportunities': Morgan On Limited Chances To Prepare Before T20 World Cup
- KL Rahul raises Rs 8 lakh by auctioning his World Cup bat and cricket gears to help vulnerable children
- World Cup 2010 live blog: 11 June
- Suresh Raina credits Sachin Tendulkar's calmness behind Team India's 2011 World Cup victory
- ICC World Cup 2019: Australia Vs South Africa: Preview, where to watch, timing, key players
Vietnam eye U20 World Cup slot have 261 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.