The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said the disease has spread to 155 communes in Hanoi and 19 provinces, and the risk of it spreading on a large scale is very high.The ministry blamed the recurrence on some small farmers buying breeding pigs of unknown origin, pig farms failing to ensure sanitation and lack of biosecurity measures.Besides, some farmers did not inform veterinary officials when their pigs showed signs of infection, instead selling them for consumption. A shortage of veterinary staff has also been blamed for the failure to surveil and detect in time, the ministry said.African swine fever was first detected in Vietnam in February 2019, and it spread to all 63 cities and provinces within seven months, forcing authorities to kill around six million pigs, or 20 percent of the country’s total number.After adopting tough preventive measures, several provinces like Hoa Binh, Bac Kan, Lam Dong, Ha Giang, Hung Yen, Hai Duong, Thai Binh, and Nam Dinh announced the end of the disease.This could be done if no pig death is reported for 30 days.The African swine fever virus spreads through bodily secretions. Pigs can thus get infected by contact with infected sources, mainly other infected pigs, pork… Read full this story
- November CPI up 0.96% as pork prices soars due to African swine fever
- African swine fever rocks meat industry
- Ham's best friend: The beagle brigade is the last line of defense against African swine fever in U.S.
- Preventive culling mulled to prevent spread of African swine fever in Japan
- Germany announces new hunting rules to combat African swine fever
- The US shares with Vietnam experience in fighting against African swine fever
- African swine fever: China cover-ups led to fast spreading, says leading businessman
- Latvia records sharp drop in African swine fever cases
- Vet on call: Why China’s swine fever scourge should worry you
- Germany: Schnitzel shortage predicted over swine fever in China
Vietnam destroys 4,000 pigs as African swine fever makes comeback have 323 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.