Vietnam has for the first time allowed the official importation of live pigs for slaughter in a bid to bring down domestic pork prices, according to a Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development document. The document was signed by Agriculture and Rural Development Deputy Minister Phung Duc Tien. Accordingly, imported hogs will be subject to a 30-day quarantine as per the effective regulations on cattle import. The ministry did not specify how many live pigs for slaughter the country will buy or when shipments will begin. Deputy Minister Tien told reporters on Thursday that the import of live pigs will be closely monitored and controlled to avoid negative impacts on the domestic market. Tien also revealed that the ministry is targeting Thailand as one possible supplier. It will be the first time Vietnam will have imported live pigs for slaughter from overseas. The Southeast Asian country has already increased imports of breeding sows and frozen pork by 300 percent year-on-year in the first four months, Tien said in a report at the beginning of this month, in a bid to cool prices of the staple food for its population of more than 96 million. The wholesale cost of live hogs reached… Read full this story
- Trump Admin Takes Steps Towards Allowing Imported Drugs
- ‘Game of Thrones’ live stream, start time, HBO free trial, how to watch (Sunday, April 21)
- London Marathon 2019: How To Watch Live Stream, Start Time, Route, Tracker and More
- Flames at Avalanche Game 4 live blog: Real time updates from the Stanley Cup Playoffs
- ‘Game of Thrones’ live stream, start time, HBO free trial, how to watch ‘Battle of Winterfell,’
- Nuggets vs. Blazers Game 1 live blog: Real time updates from the NBA playoffs
- NFL Hall of Fame Game 2019 live stream, start time, TV channel
- Avalanche at Sharks Game 2 live blog: Real-time updates from the Stanley Cup Playoffs
- NBA Draft Lottery: Live stream, start time, TV channel
- We're living in historic times. Or are we?
Vietnam allows import of live pigs for slaughter for first time have 330 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.