The article is by The School of Life, in partnership with CNN, as part of a series on living more philosophically during the coronavirus pandemic.
(CNN)In the last two hundred, the world has witnessed the greatest increase in productivity in the history of humanity. From 1 A.D to 1820, living standards in the West slowly doubled, rising from a GDP per person of $600 a year to $1,200. Then, over the next 200 years, it catapulted up by a factor of more than twenty, to stand at over $26,000.
- Suzuki wants to sell India-made products to the world, sets sights on 5 million sales from Maruti
- The death and life of the great British pub
- Britain’s private school problem: it’s time to talk
- How to Master Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- 'Complete disregard for the sanctity of life': Justine Damond's fiancé rails against US cop who shot dead the Australian woman in her pyjamas – as he is found guilty of third-degree murder
- Shia LaBeouf admits he is 'deeply dissatisfied with life' and says 'his most intimate moments in life happened on set' as he poses alongside Kristen Stewart on the cover of Variety
- ‘Joker’ Jumps Higher With $152M Overseas & $248M Global Bows, Smashes October Records – International Box Office
- ‘Waves’ Flows Into Theaters; Amazon Sets Limited Run For ‘The Report’ – Specialty B.O. Preview
- On The Set: ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’s Amy Sherman-Palladino & Daniel Palladino On Amazon’s “Film School”, Season 3 & That ‘Gilmore Girls’ Disappointment
- Sounding it out: ‘Listening to white noise put my life back on track’
- Prosecutors want trial date in Florida school shooting
- Quick-fix saving: how to set aside extra money for Christmas
- Two teens shot dead in Saugus High School shooting have been named and celebrated with love
- Parkland dad accuses school district of failing to protect students from deranged shooter Nikolas Cruz, despite having known of his obsession with guns and murder for years
- Stares, glares and internet dating: the harsh realities of life with a disability
- In 46 weeks this year, there have been 44 school shootings
- 'I'm going to do Columbine better': What teen told deputy months before murdering dad and boy, 6, with hatchet at school is revealed by psychiatrist who got 'chills' interviewing killer
- Venice braces for MORE flooding with water levels set to reach 5ft again today as locals battle to clean up 'devastation' but selfie-loving tourists enjoy 'unique experience' of seeing the city submerged
- Saugus High School shooting: Gunman dies after California school shooting
- 'I had it all, but I didn't have a life'
The School of Life Presents: Rethinking what 'productive' means outside of an office setting have 1539 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.