Nguyen Ngoc Bich, 75, recalls the time when he prayed to the tutelary “cua vong” at the communal house in Diem village in Hoa Long Commune, which is in reality a decorative gold-painted door frame, and then jumped behind it to hide from French soldiers.When he was a child and playing with other kids around the temple, village elders would narrate stories about how the seven-meter-high “cua vong” had saved the lives of many Vietnamese soldiers during the French colonial and Vietnam War periods. “Cua vong” in Diem village in Bac Ninh Province’s Hoa Long Commune was recognized as a national treasure in January 2020. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Dao. The temple faces a lake. In the past children used to herd chickens and ducks nearby and come here to seek shelter in the afternoon while seniors would sit in the front porch sipping tea. During spring and autumn, the villagers would sit around the communal house to listen to and sing folk songs and celebrate post-harvest festivals.”The “cua vong” stands in the middle of the main hall,” Bich says. ”It has thousands of flower and animal carvings running from the floor to the roof of the temple. People just find it beautiful, but no… Read full this story
- Scottish castle that is 300 years old goes on the market for £700,000
- 2,300-year-old extinct gibbon bones found in Chinese burial chamber
- Stone’s rare 1,300 year old writing reveals multicultural community at Tintagel
- 'Holy Grail of Shipwrecks': $17Bln Worth of Jewels Found in 300-Year-Old Wreck
- 300-year-old bowl from Imperial China sells for a staggering £22MILLION
- Danish archaeologists discover 300 year old toilets
- Paleo Diet: Scientists Sort Out Last Meal of 5,300-Year-Old Alpine Hunter
- 18-year-old reveals how she has spent £8,000 on her Disney obsession
- Belfast's 81-year-old runner setting a pace 'younger guys aren't getting near'
- Nine Puerto Ricans killed in final flight of 60-year-old military plane
Tales of 300-year-old national relic have 318 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.