Of which, provinces in the Mekong Delta grew more than 1.53 million hectares of rice, down 30,000 hectares, with an estimated rice production of 8.7 million tons of paddy, up 31,000 tons. On May 29, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development cooperated with the People’s Committee of Dong Thap Province to hold a conference to evaluate the results of the production of this summer-autumn rice crop and deploy the plan for the autumn-winter and winter rice crops in Southern provinces. So far, farmers have grown more than 1 million hectares of rice in the summer-autumn rice crop, accounting for 62.21 percent of the plan; of which, Mekong Delta provinces grew 967,847 hectares of rice and have harvested 53,223 hectares, accounting for 5.5 percent of the rice-growing area. It is expected that from now to September, provinces in the Mekong Delta will finish harvesting the summer-autumn rice crop. The calculation shows that after subtracting the amount of rice for domestic consumption, the amount of rice for export will be around 2.3-2.5 million tons. As for the model of large-scale rice fields in the Mekong Delta, the rice-growing area is still maintained at around 140,000-150,000 hectares for each crop. On average,… Read full this story
- Fake world’s best rice products flooding in the market
- Vietnam's southern provinces ready for billion-dollar FDI projects
- Floods ravage rice production in Niger’s Diffa region
- Fakes flood market after Vietnam rice variety chosen world’s best
- Export of agriculture – forestry – aquatic products reaches nearly $ 30 bln
- Bottlenecks hinder shrimp products from int’l competition
- Rice-wheat at new high, Food grains output falls short of target
- Daleko, Lagos market where local rice is gold
- SunRice sheds more jobs as Murray Darling Basin Plan 'failing the rice industry'
- Japanese govt donates 20 rice reapers,20 threshers to Nasarawa farmers
Summer-autumn rice production in Southern provinces exceeds 9.1 million tons have 294 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.