Lò Văn Huynh, former head of the Department of Education and Training’s division for examination and educational quality management, in court on Friday. — VNA/VNS Photo Hữu Quyết SƠN LA — The Sơn La People’s Court on Friday sentenced 12 people to up to 21 years in prison for their involvement in the 2018 national high school exam scandal that rocked the nation. Lò Văn Huynh, former head of the Department of Education and Training’s division for examination and educational quality management got 21 years in jail. Nguyễn Thị Hồng Nga, a former official at the same division, received 19 years and 6 months, while Cầm Thị Bun Sọn, former deputy head of the department’s division for politics and thought, was sentenced to 10 years. All of them were found guilty of abuse of power and taking bribes. Trần Xuân Yến, former deputy director of the Sơn La Provincial Department of Education and Training, and Đặng Hữu Thủy, former deputy principal of Tô Hiệu High School, were sentenced to 9 and 8 years, respectively. Nguyễn Thanh Nhàn, former head of testing and quality assurance unit under the department, got 30 months behind bars, while Đinh Hải Sơn and Đỗ Khắc Hưng, officials from the internal… Read full this story
- Cristiano Ronaldo handed two-year jail sentence in tax fraud case
- Ex-Dallas Cowboy Joseph Randle to be sentenced in party argument case next week
- Dr. Albert Diaz will be sentenced Thursday for fraud. His wife just filed for divorce.
- Over 4000 pages in fraud case against ex-boss of Northern Ireland events company
- PNB Fraud Case: Mehul Choksi Says Can't Travel to India Due to Mob Lynching Trend
- Mounting bad loans, fraud cases: Heads of 11 PSBs to appear before Parliamentary panel
- The fraud case has polarized the Coast. What do you think of Albert Diaz's sentence?
- Ronaldo ‘to pay fine’ in tax fraud case
- PNB fraud case: Special PMLA court issues non-bailable warrant against Nirav Modi
- Solicitor General, Anil Nandlall differ on whether former GRDB Deputy General Manager's fraud case is stayed
Sơn La court sentences 12 in exam fraud case have 358 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.