Harbours in Kollam saw some extra order on Wednesday when 45 senior division and senior wing cadets from the battalions of NCC group Kollam joined police personnel in enforcing lockdown restrictions.
Deployed to ensure that fishers are following all COVID-19 protocols, including the use of masks, the cadets were on duty till activities came to an end at the harbours around 5 p.m. They were deployed following a request from the district administration through the office of Additional District Magistrate.
Safety gear given
“The cadets handled their duties very efficiently, constantly reminding the fishers the need to follow instructions,” said A. Pradeep Kumar, ACP, Kollam, who coordinated with the Commanding Officer, 7 Kerala battalion, who is the nodal officer for Kollam for deploying the NCC cadets. Before entering the harbour the cadets were provided with safety gear by the police personnel and briefed by the ACP and NCC officers.
Split into squads, the cadets were in charge of maintaining the new system enforced by the government at the harbours during the lockdown. They monitored the entry and exit points to manage the crowd and make sure that nobody entered the premises without wearing masks.
As part of the lockdown restrictions all the boats venturing into the sea are instructed to register with the Fisheries Department and all the vehicles entering the harbour also require registration. Special queues for women vendors and strict maintenance of social distancing norms are also among the new regulations introduced.
The cadets also monitored the queue formation and requested the fishers to put on their masks and wash their hands. NCC officers said the deployment of cadets made a huge difference in the activities at fishing harbours as they supplemented the police personnel on duty and it brought an order in the management. The cadets will be present at the harbours from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. till the lockdown ends, they said.
- Traffic police reach integrity crossroads
- Work permit pains continue to plague foreign employees - News - Investment
- Work permit pains continue to plague foreign employees
- Tra fish distribution centre to be set up at Belgian harbour
- Regulation on photographing traffic police stirs up public opposition
- Police mull automatic fine collection for cars
- Vietnam works to prevent H7N9 spread
- Legal advice says police photo law may be invalid
- Uber stripped of London licence, CEO tweets 'pls work w/us'
- In Vietnam, ingrained prejudice leaves police between a rock and a hard place
- HCM City monitors potential traffic police corruption
- Brazil police say deadly fire caused by flare
- High policeman held for helping brother flee from VN
- Transport firms brazenly ignore overloaded vehicle regulations
- Hospital, Police join hands in search for kidnapped baby
- Better asset declaration could help Vietnam curb corruption
- Ha Noi police to check quality of bike helmets
- New Regulations on Freight Rates: Concern over Unofficial Costs
- Police to investigate rumor spread causing land fever in HCMC
- Cheeky smugglers dodge police
NCC cadets help police regulate harbour work have 468 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.