Phu Nu TPHCM (HCMC Women) had criticized a major Vietnamese property firm, Sun Group, saying it was destroying the environment through its developments.This was “false information that caused serious consequences,” Nguyen Thanh Lam, head of the Ministry of Information and Communications’ press department, said in a decision he signed off on.Between September and October last year the newspaper published seven stories in print or online criticizing the company for harming the environment. The stories featured Sun Group’s projects at the Ba Na-Nui Chua nature reserve in the central city of Da Nang and Tam Dao national park in the northern province of Vinh Phuc.Besides the fine and the suspension, the newspaper also has to publicly correct the stories and apologize to its readers.On Friday morning the paper shut down its online version and had four pages of print informing readers about the penalty. It also carried details of the discussions it had with the press department about the stories.”What we [tried to do] was provide additional information to enable authorities to check, supervise and clarify evaluation and approval procedures to determine the environmental impacts of projects in forest and sea areas that need to be preserved for future generations,” the newspaper wrote.The press… Read full this story
- Samsung Galaxy S II coming in mid to late March for a steep price
- Pay your San Diego property tax bill yet? It's due April 10
- Uber riders are more likely to pay surge pricing when their phones are dying
- Comments for : Samsung Galaxy S II coming in mid to late March for a steep price
- Android is losing its battle with fragmentation, and you’re paying the price
- 4K movies are starting to show up on Google Play but extra detail may come at a steep price
- The dual-display Yota YotaPhone 2 lands on select European markets, bears a steep price tag
- Apple to Press: Snoop Around and Pay the Price
- Comments for : 4K movies are starting to show up on Google Play but extra detail may come at a steep price
- Will Apple finally pay a price for keeping secrets?
HCMC newspaper pays steep price for criticizing property developer have 359 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.