At the handover ceremony The move comes as part of a fundraising campaign that was originally launched by the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Association to encourage its members to participate in joint efforts to fight the potential spread of the virus. Upon speaking during the handover ceremony, Minister of Planning and Investment and Chairman of the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Association Nguyen Chi Dung expressed his joy at the nation’s ability to produce a sufficient number of face masks to support other countries slow the spread of the COVID-19. Minister Dung added that all countries globally should come together to make concerted efforts in a bid to overcome this challenging period. In his address of thanks to the association, the German Ambassador to Vietnam Guido Hildner outlined how the gift is a representation of the close ties, solidarity, and friendship between the two nations, adding that face masks remain a scarce commodity in Germany. Most notably, the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Association’s campaign to donate face masks to the Central European country is just one of several initiatives launched by the Vietnamese government in the COVID-19 battle.
- Hong Kong set to ban face masks in bid to curb violence: media
- Hong Kong government to discuss emergency ban on face masks, reports say
- Hong Kong government to discuss ban on face masks, reports say
- Hong Kong leader to ban face masks as she activates colonial-era powers
- Hong Kong leader announces ban on protester face masks
- Hong Kong weighs banning face masks, enacting emergency laws as it struggles to contain violence
- Calls Grow for Hong Kong Curfew, Face Mask Ban as Tensions Rise
- The 10 Face Masks You Absolutely Need to Try in 2018
- UPDATE 1-Hong Kong set to ban face masks as more protests planned
- Hong Kong set to ban face masks as more protests planned
Friendship Association presents 80,000 face masks to Germany have 303 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.