The new Vietnam Basketball Association rules will allow each team to sign two foreign players and one of Vietnamese origin per season, with contracts valid for 14 days.Signees will only be allowed to play a maximum three games for the entire season for one team. Only when their contracts expire can they switch squads ahead of the next season.Heritage players have to be selected via VBA Draft 2020 or registered on the pre-season pending list.Previously, the league’s organizer only allowed each team to use one Vietnamese-origin or foreign player for the season.The limit of foreign and Vietnamese-origin players is hoped to encourage teams to sign more young, domestic players to develop the national basketball team.VBA 2020 will take place from May 30 to September 18 with the participation of seven teams, Hanoi Buffaloes, Thang Long Warriors, Saigon Heat, Cantho Catfish, Hochiminh City Wings, Danang Dragons and debutant Nha Trang Dolphins.Last year, Saigon Heat won the league title by beating Cantho Catfish.
- Vietnam basketball league has new national champ
- Open-sourced data considerably benefit Vietnam
- Legal complications remain for foreign investment in Vietnam infrastructure
- Young Vietnam pros use social media to advance careers: report
- Vietnam's V-League 1 gets Best Developing League of the Year award
- Vietnam to host League of Legends e-sports tournament
- Cooperation to benefit Vietnam, U.S., says Negroponte
- Foreign investors target Vietnam’s footwear sector to tap on FTAs
- Nearly two thirds of foreign workers in Vietnam join compulsory social insurance
- CPTPP assists foreign retailers in Vietnam
Foreign dribblers to benefit from Vietnam pro basketball league revamp have 252 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.