Danang to fine owners over reflective building facades
Two investors installed yellow glass on the facade of the two buildings on Nguyen Van Linh and Nhu Nguyet streets in Hai Chau District. Since then, many residents have complained that they were blinded by the intense sunlight reflected off the building. It has also caused traffic problems.
The 15-storey office building SHB Danang which was invested by the Saigon-Hanoi Bank on Nguyen Van Linh Street has the yellow glass on three of its sides. The 31-storey Risemount Apartment Danang invested by PAVNC JSC also used similar glass.
After receiving the complaints the local authorities have asked the investors to find solutions to deal with the reflective glass but nothing was done. Recently it was reported that the investor of SHB building offered to use film layers on the building facade while bonsai and curtains will be used on the Risemount Apartment.
The Department of Construction is reviewing the proposed solution.
On May 26, Nguyen Minh Huy, vice chairman of Hai Chau District People’s Committee, said they had issued a fine of VND40m (USD1,700) to SHB and PAVNC JSC each for violating the construction regulations and proposed design.
The investors must contact the authorised agency to adjust the building permit within 60 days.
- Improving efficiencies of using energy in high-rise buildings
- The new beach wars! Spanish police remove sunloungers and fine people trying to reserve a spot amid limited space due to coronavirus - as Magaluf 'considers closing notorious party strip' to keep out British louts
- Empire State Building: Can the tallest be the greenest?
- Consent sought to demolish earthquake-prone Nelson building
- Historic facade a thing of the past, future tenant to be announced
- ‘Facade of Freedom’: Florida’s Ex-Felon Voting Rights Rule Gutted in ‘War on Poor People’
- Charter promised more broadband but didn’t deliver, now must pay fine
- LA Clippers sponsors suspend ties over owner's alleged racist remarks
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Brits WON’T have to wear face masks in bars but face £100 fine if not worn in shops as 44,830 die
- Chandigarh residents rush to register their dogs fearing hefty fines
- New owner of Longmont’s Martinis Bistro hopes to continue restaurant legacy, while adding menu upgrades
- The Guardian view on Britain’s slavery inheritance: reflect and atone
- Ghost of Tsushima succeeds by finding space for quiet reflection in a world scarred by violence
- Build, baby, build: when radical architects did disco
- Owner objects to dog's menacing classification after it bit man who ignored warning signs
- Steve Ballmer confirmed as new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers
- Singapore fines Grab-Uber $9.5M over 'anti-competitive' merger
- L.A.’s Satellite Club Closes for Good; Owner Says ‘Indie Venues Are Screwed’
- Coronavirus has emptied out office buildings. Could they help solve the housing crisis?
- Mandating E-Verify Nationwide Would Build An Electronic Wall To Curb Illegal Immigration
Danang to fine owners over reflective building facades have 494 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.