Defendants listen to the verdict on May 21 (Photo: VNA) Hoa Binh (VNA) – The People’s Court of Hoa Binh province on May 21 sentenced 15 defendants involved in the 2017-2018 national high school exam cheating scandal in which dozens of candidates had their exam scores raised so they could graduate high school and enrol in universities or colleges. Thirteen out of the 15 defendants were charged with “abuse of power while performing their official duties” to inflate the exam scores of students. Nguyen Quang Vinh, 54, former head of the Testing and Quality Assurance Unit under the provincial Department of Education and Training was given eight years in jail for “abuse of power while performing official duties”. Khuong Ngoc Chat, 39, former head of the Internal Political Security Division under the provincial Department of Public Security; Diep Thi Hong Lien, former vice head of the Testing and Quality Assurance Unit; and Nguyen Khac Tuan, an official of the unit were sentenced to six, three and five years in jail, respectively, for the same charge. Do Manh Tuan, 41, former vice principle of Lac Thuy District Secondary and High School was given seven years in jail for receiving bribes and three years for abuse of power. Ho… Read full this story
- Turkish court sentences anti-Erdogan leader to nine years
- Innocent students kicked out of UK in exam cheating claims
- VW settles Australia emissions cheating scandal
- Turkish court sentences defendants in MİT trucks case
- Iraq court sentences French IS accused to death
- Turkish court sentences hundreds of coup 'ringleaders'
- Indonesian court sentences French drug smuggler to death
- Iraqi court sentences three French men to death
- Court sentences teenage rapist
- Court sentences man to 12-months probation for assault
Court sentences 15 in exam cheating scandal in Hoa Binh have 283 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.