DETAILED: A street corner in Trần Nam Long’s painting. by Nguyễn Kiều Trinh He may be just 15-years-old, but Trần Nam Long’s artistic skills are way beyond his tender age. And the teenager is now putting his talent to good use, raising millions of VN đồng to help the country fight the COVID-19 pandemic by selling his paintings. But what makes Long’s achievements all that more remarkable, is the fact he has been unable to speak or hear since he was born. “Long is very meticulous and always commits to his work,” said his mother Phùng Thị Hiếu. “Perhaps his difficulties to communicate bring him into his own introspective and emotional world.” From a very early age, Hiếu knew there was something different about her son. She could see his artistic talents shine through even when he was just a baby. She noticed he was fascinated with colours and shapes since early in his childhood so enrolled him into an art class to try and nurture his skills. But the sudden death of his father meant his lessons had to come to an abrupt end. Hiếu said: “The monthly fee of VND400,000 was too much for us at that… Read full this story
- Artist makes ‘home’ return for her latest exhibition
- England was already divided. Brexit is only making it worse
- A different take on Djerba
- 'Being a DIY artist doesn't mean doing everything yourself'
- Make-up masterclass: how to achieve a beautifully matte look
- The self-exiled Saudi street artist speaking truth to power
- Urban artist: “Just do it and stay hungry!”
- My Favourite Room: An artist's home by the sea in Ardmore
- The Saudi street artist speaking truth to power
- Make-up masterclass: Every eyebrow style and how to ace them
Artist makes a difference have 305 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.